STARTING A POOL BUSINESS
Starting a pool business? Here are some great reasons why you should.
Are you looking to start a pool business and buying a pool route? Here are the reasons why you should:
- Easy and Fast Business To Learn– When you buy a pool business, or as we say in the industry buy a pool route, the owner of the route will train you for 30 days. In those 30 days, you will learn to service the pools, how to check water chemistry and what chemicals to add based on the chemical readings. You will also learn the different types of equipment and how they work.
- Low Equipment Start-up Cost– To get started in the industry your startup cost is low compared to other businesses. You will need equipment such as test kit, vacuum hose with vac head, pole, net, brush, and chemicals. When purchasing chemicals you can purchase them on an as-needed basis. There is other equipment that is available, but not needed to start your business, and can be purchased down the road.
- Guaranteed Income Every Month– When you take over the accounts the income is yours and will start receiving income right away. That income is guaranteed because the accounts are yours and you are getting paid for the service of those accounts.
- Cash Flow– Most pool guys bill customers in advanced. They bill the customers before the month is over, and the customers start to pay you before the month is over. Providing you with immediate income/cash flow.
- Growth– You can grow your business as much as you want with low marketing cost. Once you have some experience under your belt you can service as many as 80 to 100 pools per month.
- Great Profit Margins– If you are running the business yourself your profit margin can be as much as 80%. What business can give you that high of a profit?
- Weekends Off– Unless you are servicing commercial pools or vacation rentals that require weekend service you will be able to service your pools Monday thru Friday.
- Recession Proof– Customers hire you because they do not have the knowledge to be able to keep their pools clear and algae free. Even in slower economic times, customers will still need a pool professional.
- Low Failure Rate– The pool business is a business that can be easily learned and as long as you show up to service your accounts every week you will be able to learn this business.